Supplier Flow Down Requirements
These requirements apply to all purchase orders to approved suppliers of Numerics Unlimited, LLC (NU) CTP (Critical to Process)/ Approved Supplier Register.
By accepting the purchase order, it is understood that your organization agrees to meet the following requirements:
- The need to:
- Use customer-designated or approved external providers, including process sources(e.g. special processes), when required;
- Supplier must notify NU of non-conforming product/service upon discovery, including any defects in products already at NU; and obtain approval for the nonconforming disposition;
- Supplier is to notify NU of changes to processes, products, or services;
- Supplier must flow down all PO requirements from NU to any sub-tier supplier, including customer requirements;
- Any requirements for test specimens for design approval , inspection/verification, investigation, or auditing, where appropriate;
- Record retention requirements of certifications, test reports, and inspection records are 3 years and there are no special disposition requirements unless otherwise specified.
- NU, its customers and/or any regulatory authority shall have the right of access to the supplier’s facility and all applicable records for parts/services purchased by NU.
- Supplier’s PO will include the processes, products, and services to be provided, including the identification of relevant technical data (e.g. specifications, drawings, process requirements, and work instructions, and our requirements for certifications.
- NU reserves the right of final approval of products, services, methods, processes, equipment and release of products and services. Supplier certifications are typically provided unless otherwise specified.
- All special processes must be performed by trained, qualified persons. For fluorescent penetrant testing (PT) and radiographic testing (RT), personnel should be Level II certified per SNT-TC-1A. Both the vendor and any subcontractors used shall be a NU approved source for any special processes, including coating, anodize, balance, radiography and penetrant inspection. Special process certification and / or reports shall be submitted with the shipment that assures conformance to all applicable processing requirements.
- For all calibration services, all gages, instruments and services must be calibrated using standards traceable to National Institute of Standards, or fundamental or physical constants. A calibration / verification report or certificate shall be submitted.
- Suppliers’ interactions with NU may be verbal, email or written communication including quoting, purchase orders, inquires, non-conforming issues, and corrective actions.
- Control and monitoring of suppliers’ performance for quality and delivery will be applied by NU.
- NU will communicate to the supplier any requirements for verification or validation activities that NU or its customer, intends to perform at the supplier premises.
- NU will communicate any requirements for process design, test, inspection, verification (including production process verification), use of statistical techniques for product acceptance and related instructions for acceptance by NU and as applicable, critical items including key characteristics.
- The need to:
#102-FD rev 1.0